What is an effective way to set-up and run a hazardous materials incident?
- Develop a command structure
- Organize your groups/teams
- Develop strong team leaders
- Check list for teams
- Safety for personnel
Organize your groups/teams from the start of the incident to achieve a systematic and smooth running hazardous materials incident. The main objective is to have a plan that the team is familiar with, practices with and can put into motion on game day.
- Firefighters (Hazmat Techs or awareness level)
- Volunteer Firefighters
- First Responders
- Command Officers
- Police/Sheriff/Constable – First Responders
- DOD (Dept. of Defense)
- College Students Studying Fire Science
- Firefighters in industry (Fire Brigades, in-house Fire Brigades, Nuclear Generating Station F.D. etc)